New Engineered floor HELP

petchieJune 5, 2008

Tomorrow they are putting in a Brazilian Cherry engineered floor in my kitchen. I do not want to destroy it by putting any cleaners that will leave a film. Since I always had vinyl sheet flooring I have no clue how to clean it! HELP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Go to the website of the manufacturer and check to see what they recommend.

My basic recommendation would be to vacuum frequently using the brush attachment of your vacuum (not the beater bar) and then occasionally clean with a moist (not soaking wet) cloth or mop.

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 7:26AM
bestyears

Petchie,
Do a search on this forum for "steam mops". A lot of us are using these now instead of the various cleaners out there. Many of us (myself included) switched to this after getting frustrated with the residue from various cleaners. I have the Bissell, which I bought from walmart.com, and just love it. Pure steam, no residue, and I can go right through my house, wood floors, porcelain tile, marble floors, and everything is nice and clean...
Lynn

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 9:23AM
tsy72001

You should NEVER use steam on engineered floor. The steam will go deep into the fibers of the wood and ruin it at the seams. I know I did it. We have 300 year old heart pine and I now have to replace it.

Bookmark   June 7, 2008 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™