DCS range or Thermador?? Please help!

boymomx2April 22, 2011

I need to make a decision by Monday! I am trying to decide between a 36" DCS range or 36" Thermador (also considering Jenn air). Can anyone tell me which I should go with?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakvis

I like the burners on the Thermador best

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 3:30PM
eandhl

I have a DCS range and the dual stacked on all 5 burners is great to have. I do simmer a lot. Are you thinking range or cooktop?

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 4:02PM
boymomx2

We're looking for a range. Both are all gas. Thermador seems to be a more known name where I live. DCS is very unfamiliar. Still looking for more information. One problem is that the counter is 27 1/2" like the DCS....the Thermador has a 24" depth. How do I work that out?

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 6:09PM
jakvis

boymomx2
Thermador make both a 27 inch deep and a 24 inch deep pro-range.
The 27 is called a Pro-Grand and the 24 is a Pro-Harmony

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 9:55AM
swisscook

it seems like you can't go wrong with either one. We just bought the DCS after extensive study on GW and elsewhere. In the end, the new 2011 DCS had lots of what we wanted and was a solid 800 bucks cheaper. They have been around for a long time, but don't seem that popular yet...I noticed that our local PC Richards is pushing it now "If you don't need a Wolf for the status of it"...we went to a privately owned but LARGE store and they were really showcasing the DCS big time...they felt that especially the new 2011 models --- our salesman felt it was "the best bang for the professional range buck".
That said, Thermador has long-term name recognition and everybody does like their star burners!
Good luck deciding

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 1:37PM
Kieffers_Guy

I prefer Thermador, but that's just me. AND if you purchase a 36" or larger range, you get a free dishwasher with their 1-2-Free Promotion.

About the dishwasher: It's the emerald series (their middle dishwashing series) and values at around 1200.

I'm not too familiar with the simmer on DCS, but I can't imagine it comes anywhere near the low simmer option on Thermador.

Jakvis is correct that Therm makes two models: one with a 24" depth and one with a 27".

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read my blog!

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 3:08PM
boymomx2

Thank you all so much for replying! I've decided on the Thermador (and the free dishwasher)!! They are being delivered next week!!

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 4:36PM
westtoeast

Bump!
We are being sucked in by the 36" Thermador with free dishwasher, but I am finding berry few recent reviews....any feedback?

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 9:53AM
ahmack

Although Thermador is a well-established brand, I would forewarn you that a relative, who has worked in the appliance industry for decades, advised us to steer clear of Therms right now, as they are apparently having quality control issues. While the problems don't seem to be appearing in every single unit they sell, it does appear that their quality is extremely hit or miss. I know people who have both hit and missed the mark with their Therms.

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 3:15PM
babs711

Are any of you Thermador owners still here? How are your appliances going? How is the dishwasher? I'm looking at the ProHarmony and the Emerald. There's also the option to upgrade to the Sapphire for $500 extra. I haven't decided...

Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 1:59AM
dancingqueengw

Boymom, did you get your Thermador? How do you like it?

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 6:30PM
abh2

We just purchased a new all gas model DCS and love it. The DCS dual stacked burners, and especially simmer can't be beat. Yesterday I took a picture of the a dish I had simmering and sent it to my mom who has a Thermador (her simmer is good, but clicks on and off). We were choosing between Wolf and DCS AG and our dealer also said he felt the DCS was the best deal and he liked the DCS burners better. Good luck with your decision!

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™