GE Microwave smells like plastic burning?
We have a GE over the range microwave that is about 10 years old. Last night after all the festivities had ended, we tried to use the microwave and it had a very distinct smell of burning plastic. We (and others at the party) used it for various things during the evening so I am not sure when it started. It does not seem to be heating the food up, and my husband says it sounds differently when it is running, like a locked down coil (he has worked with coils before in an old job). We're afraid to use it at this point.
What the heck could this be??!? I appreciate any help anyone has to give.