a rust remover that really works!

sunroomguyMay 9, 2010

we irrigate our lawn with well water with a high iron content. when it's windy sometime it sprays on the siding. this has resulted in very bad stain marks on the vinyl. after doing some research online, i found a product called Rustaid Outdoors from the makers of damp rid. they claim you only have to spray this on with a garden sprayer and it just dissolves before your eyes. i thought "ya right!". boy was i wrong. this stuff is GREAT and it does dissolve as they claim. had to spray it twice and in just a couple of areas had to lightly scrub with a soft brush then rinse with water, but it only took minutes for a job i thought might take hours. i bought a gallon for 10 bucks and only used half of it. the only problem was finding it. according to their website, many stores carry it, but after a dozen calls, i found no one who stocked it. i ended up having my local ace store order it in. i rarely take the time to write a review for any product, but this worked so well i wanted to let others here know about it. gardenweb is such a wonderful forum and i've learn alot from all the contributors over the years, so i'm putting in my two cents worth.

More Discussions
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™