looking for laundry magic

lbr333May 16, 2008

Alright...I've had enough with the yellowing of the armpits of my t-shirts. I've tried all kinds of produucts and now I'm looking for solutions!! Preferably non-toxic!!

It's not like I trowel on deoderant in the mornings, but it seems that over time, the yellowish stains set in and they just don't wanna let go....

Any thoughts?

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jobird

Hi Lisa,

Here is an answer I found doing a search on the subject:

Here is a link that might be useful: Perspiration stain removal

Bookmark   May 16, 2008 at 11:30PM
lbr333

thanks for that link...i found that the vinegar helped for a while....and i didn't know about the ammonia thing....will try that on new stains....

and i suppose that i might just have to break down and buy a few new shirts once in a while! :D

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 2:16PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I think I would try the process I use on badly stained tablecloths and napkins. Set washing machine on hot water and the lowest level of water. Add 1 cup of Clorox liquid bleach, 1 cup of detergent and 1 cup of electric dishwasher detergent. Agitate it and add the clothes. Agitate briefly. Turn off machine and let clothes soak overnight. In the morning, turn the machine on and run it through a cycle. That should take care of the stains. If you are nervous about using a liquid chlorine bleach, try the soak and wash with just the two detergents. Do not put the clothes in the dryer if the stain is still there--run the soaking and wash process till stain is removed. Usually one treatment gets all my stains out.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™