HELP!! What goes with White Carrara Marble vanity top?? And Floor

travelbug003April 1, 2012

I am in the middle of remodeling our master bath. Just bought a beautiful white vanity with a white carrara marble top. Now have to decide on the tub deck, surround and floor quickly (contractors waiting!!) Anyway, I don't want to use marble again on the tub deck so is it okay to use a solid white or light grey cambria or caesar stone or even just tile (with all the grout lines) for tub deck and then subway surround? Shower will be white subway. Or would be too many different surfaces and look crazy? Also, for floors, I'm thinking a rustic wood looking tile. Any input/ideas would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindymac

Take a look at travertine in a light ivory. It seems to go with everything. I have travertine on my bathroom floor, shower, and tub deck, then used crema marfil marble for an accent. It looks serene and beautiful! If you use the 18" travertine tiles, cut to 9 x 18 for the tub surround, there won't be that many grout lines. Get the installer to use "butt joints" in the tile so the grout lines are just teeny.

Another alternative would be to go with a black and white theme.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 11:50AM
art_teacher_mom

Sounds pretty! I would use solid white on the tub deck and not the "marble looking" ceasarstone. You don't want them competing or contrasting.
With all that white, you might want to consider a darker floor. The new porcelain plank tiles that look like wood are quite lovely. A dark brown would be stunning. Or a solid gray tile in a rectangle looks good.
Look at houzz dot com for bathroom inspiration. I've seen tons of carrara baths in their photos. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 12:23PM
travelbug003

Thanks for both input. I think I like the solid white idea with a dark floor. The only thing I worry about is the white may not be the same white as the tub. I'll bring a piece of the engineered stone to the plumbing store to match. Thanks again.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 5:10PM
winesnob

Limestone would work with marble but be careful when pairing these two products that the limestone isn�t too creamy. Look for whitish limestone when using white marble. Not sure I would want to mix three different products in one room.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
suggestions for double vanity between 2 walls
I'm looking for suggestions for a (or pictures of your)...
A McK
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™