How do you keep the linen closet fresh?

xoxosmomMay 22, 2008

I just finished cleaning out the linen closet and washing all the linens that have been in storage for 2 years. How do you keep it fresh and smelling clean in there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Rotate the linens every week or whenever you change the sheets, donate any you don't use. Keep only what you know you use, and put a dryer sheet between each item (used ones keep it just as fresh as new ones). Put a cup of baking soda on a middle shelf, it will help with keeping the air fresher in the closet too. Hang cedar hangers, that will help with moisture problems.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 4:38AM
dashmo37

I used to buy bar soap in bulk. (I now make my own)
I would open only one end of the soap and slide it in the corner of every drawer. I had some of them in there for years. My clothes always came out smelling fresh and clean.
I now make soaps and sachets in my preferred scents and do the same. When the scent starts getting weak I replace the soap with a fresh one and use the bar I had in the drawer. It is nice and aged so it lasts a lot longer than a freshly made bar.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 12:44PM
jannie

I buy bars of Yardley English lavendar soap, unwrap them and place one bar on each shelf, under my sheets and towels.

Bookmark   May 24, 2008 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™