Anyone have KitchenAid fridge?

shakingApril 18, 2014

Am curious if you have the water through the door if it comes out cool or room temp? I need the filtered water in the fridge and the ice, so while I know this can create more issues for the appliance its a must for our house. The water temp is my only concern so if anyone can weigh in it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
furnitureshopper

Realize you are considering ice and water in the door, but I have an interior water dispenser Kitchen Aid french door and the water is very cold. I seldom use the ice from the freezer. An added advantage for me was more interior room in the refrigerator.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 11:07AM
dedtired

I have a Kitchen Aid that is now ten years old. It has ice and water through the door and the water is quite cool. The water filter is a real nuisance to change on mine. I literally have to lie on my stomach on the floor to do it. It is such a pain that I just took it off and do without it. Fortunately it is not necessary here.

Mine is a side by side and it has never needed a repair in 10 years. Knock wood! I would never get a side by side again. The french door fridges were just coming out when I bought this and some glitches at that time.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 11:15AM
xc60

The water in our KA is cool as well. The water filters in the newer fridges are much easier to change now, a little door in the ceiling in the interior of the fridge.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 2:40PM
shaking

Thanks everyone! The sales rep keeps saying its cool not cold. I am looking at a side by side because of my space and that's what I have now. A bosch SxS counter depth. ( If you have seen any of my past posts i have had so much trouble with the fridge in a year and a half that they are buying back all my appliances even the ones i love :( I know it may be small for some but I love the size because I have an overflow freezer in the garage and shop several times a week to keep produce fresh. I was tempted to get the FD with interior water but I just don't think it would work for my son.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™