Stains in my SS sink...

ailene54May 2, 2012

The morning after my granite was installed I noticed water stains in the sink, (when the water is turned on after being off in my area it's rusty), I figured I would be able to get the stains out and had so many other problems with GC I didn't want to add this to the list. Unfortunatly it's been weeks now, Ive tried all the regular home remedies, SS cleaner, backing soda and dishwasher soap, vinegar, vinegar and backing soda, barkeeper, ect. Any suggestions on how to get these spots out? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Well, you've tried everything I'd suggest. Have you considered calling your local plumbing supply house to see if they can make a suggestion?

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 4:32PM
ailene54

I will try that, thanks. Just never thought I would have this problem.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 8:35PM
jannie

Today I hand-washed some things in my sink, because the dishwasher was already filled and running. I filled my SS sink with hot water and a good squeeze of Dawn,then washed and dried the dishes. After letting the water out, I noticed the sides of the sink were still damp, so I really rubbed it with my nylon scrubbie, then rinsed and dried with a paper towel. Any and all stains are gone! I decided a good (but gentle) scrubbing once a week is a good thing.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 5:22PM
ailene54

Thanks, I made a past of backing soda and dishwasing liquid and left it on the stains for several minutes. They keep on fading, but are still there....but the grate does continue to hide them...

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 1:16AM
franci37

Try a magic eraser (dampened) and rub it really hard.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™