Cleaning linolium?

majax79May 7, 2009

Hello,

I have a tiny entrance, a small kitchen, and a decent size bathroom that are all linolium. I'm sick of using a mop. What other store product could I try to mop with?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I use a Swiffer WetJet with their all-purpose cleaner. Works fine for me.

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 7:09PM
gayle0000

I use the original swiffer mop, and attach a washcloth to it. Spray-bottle of your cleaner of choice. Done. Throw the washcloth into the wash. Have several washcloths on-hand so you don't have to be a slave to a single washcloth and laundry schedules.

A standard size face washcloth fits perfect onto the swiffer mop. I've never spent a penny on any swiffer products except the mop itself.

Any tough scrubbing spots, I just address as-needed on my hands & knees. Not a big deal in a small space, and there are always spots one would have to address on hands and knees here & there anyway.

Bookmark   May 11, 2009 at 5:35PM
green_clean_queen

I agree with the Swiffer idea but I use a thin micro-fiber cloth on it and clean with just water. It is non-toxic, fast, and very effective.

It will also pick up 99% of the bacteria which I find helpful. I don't use any commercial cleaners ever and my house is spotless.

If it is really dirty try using some Oxy-clean or washing soda because both of those are safe for the environment and are related to baking soda.

Cheers!

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 9:11AM
terriks

Is your floor made of real linoleum, which is a natural product -

"Genuine linoleum, not to be confused with vinyl, is a classic, invented nearly 150 years ago and still completely relevant today. Environmentally preferred linoleum is made from natural, raw materials. Linseed oil, which comes from the flax plant, is the primary ingredient. (In Latin, linum is the word for linseed and oleum means oil.) Other ingredients include wood or cork powder, resins and ground limestone. Mineral pigments provide the rich colors. The ingredients are mixed together, then rolled out between two cylinders (a process called "calendaring") onto a jute backing. The linoleum is then cured in ovens for 14 to 21 days. Some manufacturers bond a high performance coating to the surface to improve the floorÂs ability to resist stains and scratches, and to make cleaning easier"

or is it vinyl?

Here is a link that might be useful: Linoleum info

Bookmark   June 19, 2009 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™