Sticker Shock!

reeree_naturalMay 14, 2008

I just had the back splash of the kitchen tiled. It came out beautiful and really changed the appearance of the kitchen (thank goodness) we had a friend do the tile work. He moved slower than a turtle and charged by the hour. I had him put tile inserts to add interest. (not a lot of them ) Well, 4 full days later, his labor was 1062.00! I really think this is outrageous and I am pretty up set.. This totals 1600.00 for a kitchen back splash!! One of the walls of the back splash is cut out so you can see into the family room.. So hardly any tile on that wallÂthe rest was just from counter to cabinet in normal height . he also spent 5 ½ hours grouting and putting 3 pieces of Âchair rail in the same marble as the tile to finish it off on a very small section on top of the tile. My friends told me I should talk to him and explain that I wasnÂt expecting him to take that long to do it, but because he is a friend, I feel awkward. About a year ago, a regular tile guy gave us a quote of 250.00 labor. If I would of asked him to do a few inserts. .he may have charged a little more, maybe even 150.00 more, but it is still a far cry to what we are being charged what do you think?

Thanks!

Ree

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reeree_natural

Oh I am sooo sorry, this wasn't meant to be posted here! I meant it for a different forum
please ignore!
Ree

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™