Sofla and KevinMP, or anybody with marble shower .

lilloApril 27, 2013

I am going to place the order Monday for my shower tile. I am going to go with polar white marble with silver grey grout. How is your overall experience with marble tile in the shower ? How do you clean it ? What is your daily routine with it ? I hear a lot about rust stains especially on the shower floor. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sofla

I have my marble sealed with Dupont bullet. I squeegee, wipe down the fixtures and run the fan for about 30 min after a shower. So far so good. I have not had any rust stains yet but have only been using the shower for about two weeks.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 10:09PM
lillo

Thank you Sofla, enjoy it. Despite all the warnings from staining and etching , I love the look of this real marble . I'll take the chance and cross my fingers.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:22PM
KevinMP

I haven't had any problems. But not all marbles are the same, and I know nothing about polar white. I used Senguard sealer by Cosentino, which I got from my local marble/granite yard. It's really expensive, but he claims it's the best, and it's all he recommends for calacatta, statuary, venetino, and other white marbles.

I use a marble cleaner (something with the appropriate pH), and I squeegee the wall tile maybe once every other week. I clean the floor and the lower level of wall tile around the perimeter with a scrub pad and the marble cleaner to remove soap residue.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 12:10PM
lillo

Thank you KevinMP , I'll try to look for that sealant. How do you apply it without damaging your shower fixtures ?

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 11:38PM
busybee3

13 years ago i moved into new build with a marble shower... it had both a dk verdi marble and a lighter, whitish marble in it-don't know the type... i don't know if the shower was sealed by the tile installers, but only lived in that house less than 3 years and some areas in the shower had significant etching... i had used a 'marble safe' cleaner on it and nothing else...

2 1/2 yrs ago we had our current shower redone in marble... had it sealed and resealed it twice (about once a year...) and it looks perfect, so i assume sealing it is key... (and using a marble safe cleaner when cleaning!) tho the type of marble used might also be a factor...?

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 10:48AM
lillo

I think that the marble kind , the sealant and how often you seal it are all key factors in the marble up keep. Thank you and I hope your marble stays that way for a very long time .

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Sponsored Products
Remer by Nameeks 326N Handheld Shower Head - REMER 326N
$28.00 | Hayneedle
At the Beach 21 x 34 Rug - R1023MULT
$27.64 | Hayneedle
Basco Shower Enclosures Deluxe 44 in. x 68 in. Framed Bypass Shower Door in Oil
Home Depot
Round Polished Chrome Shower Faucet Set
TheBathOutlet
ForzaQuartz Seamless By Nature Shower Enclosures 36 in. x 36 in. x 88 in.
Home Depot
Chrome Full Function Shower Head with Shower Arm
TheBathOutlet
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™