How to clean outdoor gutters....

looony2nzMay 27, 2006

My house has gutters (for rainwater) and we recently re-did our backyard and will have many more guests, but they will now also be staring at our dirty gutters. Is the only way to clean them with bleach? I have a paver deck patio and don't want to chance getting bleach on them. I assume I will have to tarp, do i spray the bleach (mix with water??) or what other products work well?

thanks

Shari in FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jejvtr

My children thought i was crazy up on the roof cleaning mine with softscrub once

I bet ZEP carried by HD would have a product - try the one for outdoor chairs

Bookmark   May 27, 2006 at 8:33PM
mustangs81

Streak Getter works will for me. I spray it on the gutter stains then brush it with an extended handle brush that I clean the ceiling fans with. Cleans the stains easily. The link below is where I ordered the product from.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gutter Cleaner

Bookmark   May 30, 2006 at 4:22AM
charleney

Awesome cleaner from Dollar Store works great!

Bookmark   May 30, 2006 at 4:50PM
Mrmowerguy

I bought Streak Getter from Gutterworks.com and it was crazy. The black immediately melted off. I bought the cleaning pad too and I'd recommend it too. It's really aggressive so be very careful with it. My black grill has white drips on it and where it dripped on my galvanized fence it ate the galvanizing right off. I got a white milk like solution dripping off which is probably 16 years of oxidation. I don't know if using it repeatedly will remove the paint. I know my gutters are white as new. They don't have the gloss like new, but wow did it take the black off. I'd recommend using the product sparingly, cover up what you can't move with plastic and use the cleaning pad. I used less than a gallon on 100 feet of gutter. It didn't hurt my clothes, skin or hair. It was a 100 degree day so I kept jumping in and out of my pool to keep cool and just wore trunks and crocks. I've since asked for an MSDS to see if if if if if if if there are health side effects of what ever miracle cleaners are in this product.

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™