What is the best carpet shampooers ?

joannbmMay 15, 2010

I am in the market for a carpet shampooer or steam cleaner which I can use on my waxed wooden floors. I have one oriental, and one karastan oriental rug. Has anyone purchased one which gets the water out well? Sending the rugs out is a fortune.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peanutmom

I recently bought a Rainbow vacuum cleaner and shampooer attachment. Honestly, I love them and the shampooer cleans better than any of the other two I bought and came with a great warranty. The down side is that if you have a vacuum that works for you. It would be impractical to buy these. They are expensive. I bought it while in a weak moment from some fast talking salespeople. I love it and will use it to death, but the prices, even the discount ones are high. The upside is that I can use them for any thing and the shampooer gets my carpet cleaner and drier than anything I have ever used before, including the professional ones.

Good luck.

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 3:30AM
joannbm

Thank you for your input. I'll check into them
JoAnn

Bookmark   May 30, 2010 at 3:56PM
bigdogmom48

I have a Bissell Proheat 12 amp shampooer. It works very well for me, plus it has the attachements for upholstery. This is actually the second Bissell shampooer that I have owned. The first one got used to death. I don't, however use the Bissell cleaning solvent. It is too toxic.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™