Beware of Buying Bosch Refrigerator...

schmedeApril 13, 2011

I purchased a very spendy counter depth Bosch refrigerator and I have had nothing but problems since the first week. The refrigerator is now about 2 years old and I am totally disappointed in the way it works.

The ice maker has gone out twice. Periodically, throughout the day, it sounds like a freight train (terrible since it is close enough to my bedroom to wake me up at night)

BUT the worst part is the TERRIBLE customer service at Bosch. I have talked to the Bosch customer service several times and not only are they incredible rude (which in my opinion show a lack of training) they are completely unhelpful.

I bought the refrigerator because I loved how it looked and I paid for an integrated refrigerator because my space required it, but please please avoid the mistake I made and look at another company. I wish I would have gotten something like a liebherr or a subzero.

Sorry for the rant, but I just got off a very frustrating call with Bosch's incompetent customer service.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sophie123

What model may i ask? Sorry to hear of your woes.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 10:30AM
Robert356

You might imagine that in these troubled times for the appliance industry, extra effort would be made to keep customers happy. But if your experience is anything like mine with Viking, all bets are off. If you are out of warranty they won't assist with any resolution, and their outsourced repair folks are only too happy to charge exorbitant fees to repair expensive items which should last longer than 3 years.

It is as if these people think, "we've got your money, sucker!"

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 2:58AM
jakvis

What is the model number? What is the exact problem you're having?
Many things can be checked and corrected by the owner.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 9:34AM
jakvis

Sorry I got distracted while writing my post.

You did state the issue. I'm not sure which model you have but if it's one of the free standing units the noise could be a damper that controls airflow from the freezer to the refrig. Several manufacturers use this system and they sometimes get noisey. Double check your warranty because I think Bosch has a 2 years all parts warranty and a 5 year electronics warranty.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 9:47AM
llaatt22

"I have talked....."
Talk is cheap.
Perhaps it is time to write a precise, businesslike, letter to the CEO of Bosch USA carefully detailing the appliance's identity, history, faults, your unacceptable treatment by his organization, and what he proposes to do to overcome these deficiencies. If you hear nothing back in a reasonable time, write to the big boss in Germany.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 10:18AM
segesta

>>It is as if these people think, "we've got your money, sucker!"
>>write to the big boss in Germany

...and the big boss responds: "Wir haben Ihr Geld, Verlierer!"

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 12:04PM
llaatt22

Yours was a special case............

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 3:35PM
jakvis

I was hoping that the original poster was going to post the model and serial number. I was wanting to get the information to my contact at Bosch who can probably help.

If you want you can email me and I'll get it in the right hands.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 7:13PM
Hazbill

I agree. Don't by a Bosch refrigerator! I have a B20CS51SNS/02 about 3 years old. Have had problems with it cooling properly and now the Freezer evaporator motor went out. Very likely the problem all along. We had water leaking everywhere and had the motor replaced. Bosch customer service insists it only has a 1 year warranty, even when I sent them the print out from their website showing electronic parts covered for years 2-5. Then they said, well you didn't use a Bosch certified tech. It's all BS, they built a bad product and don't stand behind it. I will never buy another one nor recommend to anyone else!

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 2:49PM
MonikaBrook

We have been using Bosh fridge for over 5 yaers without any single problem...But I heard that thier dishwashes are problematic http://www.pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/appliances.html

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
48 inch Dual Fuel Range and single wall oven Choices
I am glad I found this forum by accident if not I wont...
hkwan
capital precision mcr304 vs. wolf gr304?
Anyone have thoughts on these two? Also looked at GE...
mweyandt
Sponsored Products
Winners Only Horizon 32 in. Double File Pedestal - Brown Cherry - GHK232F2
$504.00 | Hayneedle
Upton Home Wall Mounted CD Rack
Overstock.com
SW 3528 Single Row LED Strip Light 240/m 10mm wide 5m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
Semicircle Chimney Hallway Wall Lighting
ParrotUncle
White Tall Vertical Designer Radiator Heater 63 x 18.6 & Valves
Hudson Reed