Vanity in Master bath with stained oak trim & door

dgoods123April 19, 2012

I am redoing my master bath - not a large room - 5*8 + 5*3 shower. Chose the tile for the shower and floor. It's a warm medium brown porcelain that looks like travertine, along with a travertine shower floor. Their is an inset where the faucet and shower head are located that is a blue/gray glass tile running the full height of the shower and 14" wide. There is also trim around the shower using travertine tile and the blue glass.

The link below will take you to the website. The shower is the 24th - 26th thumbnails. I am not getting the inset shelving.

My question is, I have a very traditional house w/ all medium oak stained trim and doors. I have chosen travertine tile for the trim in my MB. Really stuck on the vanity.

Should I go with medium oak vanity? I've also found a biscotti with cocoa glaze vanity that I like. But, would using the glaze make the cabinet look antiqued, which would look weird with the glass tile?

Any advice is appreciated.

Diane

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom gallery

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RachelBaronePDP

Hi Diane, I am a designer with a granite and marble company. To better enhance the travertine, and stand up to the design asthetic of the glass tiles, I would suggest the biscotti/glazed vanity. This would need a very striking and dynamic countertop(granite) to balance out the glass tiles. A larger pattern as opposed to small particulates. Good luck, and take a few chances when decorating.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 1:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dgoods123

Thanks for the follow up. I'm glad you said go with the biscotti, because I really like the look of painted cabinetry.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™