36" Rangetop recommendations

swimmanApril 3, 2013

We are building a new home and plan to put in a 36" 6-burner rangetop. Bluestar is at the top of my list but I'm having issues with the builder being able to supply the unit (they will not let us provide the unit - long story which gets my blood boiling!).

As a back up, I'm also considering Thermador but it seems all the other manufacturers come in as a distant second to Bluestar in my opinion.

Can anyone else comment on their experience with a Thermador gas rangetop or other brand? I've heard horror stories of customer service from many of the brands.

As well, any others brands I should consider that are dependable with good after sales support? I've looked at Wolf, Viking, GE, etc. but not sure of others out there that people are having good experiences with using.

As well, as a backup backup, we are also considering induction. At the top of the list would be either the Thermador or Bosch 36" models but we like the look of gas better.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

Wolf is your best bet off of that list. Thermador doesn't have the reputation they once did especially if you need service down the road.

Bosch does not make a rangetop only a drop in.

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 11:35AM
relsah

i'm in the same boat as you. after much deliveration, we have decided to go for a wolf 36 rangetop. however, due to budget constraints, we are getting the older model RT366 with the open burner, which we are fine with.

good luck on your search!

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 2:58PM
gtadross_gw

Have you considered just buying a 36" range instead of just the rangeTOP. That way you can just have the builder leave a 36" space in the cabinets and you can just slide the range in, hook up the gas and get the cert of occupancy.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 5:38PM
swimman

I resolved the issue with the builder and they are allowing me to buy the rangetop and provide it to rhem. I was relentless! Bluestar 36" with a Zephyr Tempest 2 hood. Can't wait.

This post was edited by swimman on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 21:27

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 5:54PM
gtadross_gw

Excellent. You won't regret it. I have the 36" bluestar range. It rocks.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:15PM
cookncarpenter

Glad it worked out for you! agree with gladross, have had our 36" Bluestar range only a couple months now, but I'm in love, what a fantastic piece of equipment!

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:52AM
Caliente63

"I resolved the issue with the builder and they are allowing me to buy the ramgetop and provide it to rhem. I was relentless!"

Good job! Congratulations!

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:20PM
More Discussions
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™