Kenmore kitchen applicances

CE2013April 26, 2013

Hi all, my husband and I are looking to redo our kitchen including new appliances. There is a great deal on Kenmore appliances at Sears right now but I am curious to know how that brand is perceived. It wasn't really on my radar, I was going to look into purchasing like Maytag or Whirlpool appliances.

We want to sell our home at some point and wonder if people will think that we went 'cheap' on the appliances or is Kenmore a pretty respected brand? I didn't realize that it was only made by Sears.

Thanks for any feedback!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annkh_nd

I wouldn't buy appliances based on resale. If a potential buyer hates your fridge, it's easy to get a new one. Get what you like, and what fits comfortably in your budget.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 9:31AM
CE2013

That is a really good point, thank you

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 10:01AM
llaatt22

Great deals are compelling, no question.
Keep in mind how A&E ties into most large appliances sold by Sears.
If Kenmore has a particular model not available elsewhere, like an induction range that you really want, go for it.
"Respected brands" is a fluid situation these days.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 12:29PM
Caya26

I agree with everyone else - buy the appliances YOU want.I just bought a Kenmore Elite FD SS fridge - mainly because it had all the features we wanted. Also bought the GE Profile induction range and a KA dishwasher in SS. I don't think appliances would make or break a deal on a house sale.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 4:08PM
octoberdana

We just bought a SS side by side Kenmore elite refrigerator and it's made by Kitchen Aid. It was a lot less expensive then the Kitchen Aid but had the same freezer. It has great reviews by JD Powers and Consumer Reports. I would go for something that is going to perform well that I can enjoy while living in my home rather than trying to guess what someone else may like.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 6:46PM
dadoes

We want to sell our home at some point and wonder if people will think that we went 'cheap' on the appliances or is Kenmore a pretty respected brand? I didn't realize that it was only made by Sears. Sears doesn't make anything. All Sears products are just a brand label. Kenmore appliances are sourced from the various manufacturers that produce all the other brands. A Kenmore-branded washing machine may be manufactured by Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Electrolux/Frigidaire or GE for example. Some dishwashers are Whirlpool, some are Bosch, some may be Frigidaire.

The first three digits (before the period) on the FULL model number of an appliance (NOT the catalog or store number) indicates the manufacturer source. There are web sites that translate the numbers accordingly. Search for "kenmore manufacturing codes."

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™