Ceramic Tile Cleaner

koala2April 7, 2010

Help! I have tried everything to keep my cream ceramic tiles clean and only a weak solution of bleach and warm water will do it. However after the floor has been cleaned I cannot walk on it without seeing lots of annoying footprints wherever I tread, even without shoes. I think the heat from my feet is doing it. This means I have to clean again, and again....

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Household bleach will sterilize and disinfect, but it isn't a cleaner because it doesn't help in the soil removal. So in essence, you are cleaning with plain water and whatever cloth or mop you use.

I can't imagine what the footprints are caused by. It might just be something inherent in the tile. I've had bathroom tile that showed every footprint coming and going. You might want to consider putting down runners in the heavily traveled areas. And in the end you may have to just learn to ignore the spotting.

One thing I would suggest is to buy a steam cleaner to clean the floors. You would be using super heated water and a microfiber cloth, and it will do at least as good a job as your bleach and water solution without using the bleach.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
momintennies
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™