Blinds/Shutters - Best Place ???

dpusaMarch 3, 2013

Hey all

We are within a month of moving in - outside of blinds.com any recommendations for plantation shutters, roman shades or faux wood blinds?

Thanks so much
D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
autumn.4

We have also used blindsgalore.com with good results for faux wood blinds and woven blinds. I have no experience with shutters or roman shades though.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:54PM
kirkhall

My SIL used selectblinds with good results. They always seem to be running a special too. Not sure about their selection compared with what you are looking for, but she got all her blinds (for a new build) through them with no troubles on sizing, etc.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 8:11PM
athensmomof3

If you have a Louver Shop near you, they are great for plantation shutters. Great quality and prices. I have used them on 3 homes and my parents have used them twice on second homes and once in their primary home.

Also have good basic colors that match many common paints - we used dover white in this house.

The other thing I like about them is they come out once to measure and you can fill the order whenever or just part of the order. Prices may go up but we did this in our old house - did front of the house and master first and then added other places (other bedrooms not being used at the time, etc.)

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:10AM
autumn.4

I have to say - we ordered levelor brand wood blinds for the kitchen and just recently (as in installed yesterday) ordered the value brand for the dining room since we are planning to sell and there is a clear difference in quality between the 2.

The stain is much more even with the levelor and just overall quality (feel of the slats, opening mechanism,etc.). Value brand isn't awful but it's definitely a difference.

We also replaced our sons blind with a cellular blind - value brand and that however I am most pleased with. No issues at all.

I think on line is fine just be careful with price point. :)

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Banquette seating by Ballard /Coventry line
Has anyone purchased banquette seating through this...
mrspete
Would you trust a builder to create a blueprint from your own sketch?
We have heard of people building custom without using...
liv2tell
help me choose our floors
We have 2 options for our floors - white oak (longer...
3ilovepie
getting close to our move in day
Moving in about two weeks, got a lot of things to do...
joerallen
Please help critique this floor plan.
Hi all. We are hoping to break ground within the next...
daboyd4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™