First Floor Overview for Possible New Build
We've been messing with retirement home plans for quite a while, based on various lots in the selected town.
This one's based on American Four-square designs with a big dose of vintage NM ranch house and Craftsman planned for the finishing details.
Upstairs will have MBR, sitting room, workout room (convertible to bedroom), guest bedroom and two baths. Laundry in garage on 2nd floor (yes, it's almost a 2-story garage!)
Ignore finishes, please. It was more so we could tell what was what. Planned Saltillo-look tile throughout bottom floor, reclaimed board and batten siding, corrugated steel roof with (unless it busts the budget) "rustic" finish.
* 36'x36' square, with basement (stairs under the upper flight shown)
* ICF construction, probably ICF or AAC panel floors
* Solar-heat and cooling via hot water/hydronic in-floor and a reverse solar collector that will dump heat at night when needed
* All interior doors are 36" pocket doors, which is why you don't see door swings.
* Office/bedroom is for our declining years, when we need 1-floor living.
* All baths are universal access except powder room, and that might be.
* Huge pantry with 2nd ref and full freezer because we buy in bulk.
* NM has a "window budget" of 20% of the wall area on a per-house basis ... we will try to get them to accept aerogel panels as wall panels for more light.
Individual room details following in bath and kitchen forums.