Vanity Depth Question

bullieloveApril 10, 2013

Hi

My current vanity depth is 18 inches with a countertop that has a 1 1/2 inch overhang. The vanity wall that it will be up against is about 22 3/4 depth from back of the wall to door trim.

My question is, can I get away with a 22 inch depth vanity? I am having a hard time finding an 18 inch depth that I like.

Thank You
Cheri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

My powder room vanity was built with a vanity that came right to the door trim. That had to be torn out to access a plumbing problem, and the freestanding one I found was just a bit less deep. I like that, but it worked both ways. If that 22 is a 21" cabinet with an inch overhang, it would be okay. If it is 22 and the counter goes into the trim, I think it would certainly not be ideal, but depending on your home and family (older, smaller, or generally quirky home and smaller to average people), it might be one of those things you compromise on. If the counter would actually breech the door opening, it is too big.

This post was edited by lascatx on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 9:46

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 9:44AM
biochem101

I too have one bathroom that requires an 18" (deep) vanity due to width. The one that is in there is 17"! I think the PO cut the back off, LOL.

I'm going with a Strasser. Strasser Woodenworks offers all of their vanities in an optional 18" depth. They are the only high end company that does (as far as I know anyway).

They cost a bit though. But they give good storage. There are many styles and sizes on the actual Strasser page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strasser vanity

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 11:34PM
hosenemesis

Sure, you can use a 22" vanity. You have 3/4 inch to play with!
Renee

Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Turning a kitchen into a bathroom
Hi all. My husband and I bought the condo next door...
amanda8877
Cultured Marble vs onyx collection vs solid surface shower pan
1st off, I am a long time lurker in these forums and...
dmsohio
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™