Anyone have experience with Miele Microwave?

sarendsApril 23, 2012

We are looking at Miele Microwave - M8260-1

Does anyone have experience with this unit?

We plan to place it over the top of a Miele Speed oven

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kerbosch

Why?

you already have a MW in the speed oven. I have the speed oven and it works great as a MW and convection

If you have the space get a steam oven or built in coffee

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 9:06AM
sarends

kerbosch,

I have read pretty exrensively on the Miele Speed Oven - totally sold on it. However, we are a family with 5 kids and we CANNOT EVER be caught without a microwave - after all we are Americans! (grin)

If we are using the speed oven as an oven, then we don't have a microwave. Plus, even when the speed oven has recently finished being an oven, the interior is still hot (because it was just recently an oven) and is not very safe for kiddos to use (or maybe even me). So, our family needs a dedicated microwave!

And, we want it to look good sitting on the same wall as the Miele Speed Oven, hence my question, "does anyone have experience with the Miele Microwave?"

Thanks!

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 1:59PM
rentaltux

We have had one for about a year now and "like" it. It does its job. We decided on this one because of the Miele Built in Coffee Maker that sits above it. The only thing it cannot do is make popcorn to save its life. I have tried anything and everything and it is mediocre at best. My $20 garage sale special does a much better job. If anyone figures it out "Let me know"!! Popcorn aside it is fine.

R

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 5:54PM
aliris19

To solve the problem of a hot interior from cooking followed by MW in the speed oven, I bought a silicone mat. I put that on top of the hot tray to protect a cold, microwaving dish. No problems so far. It's a bit awkward, but do-able.

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™