How to clean/bring shine back to wood floors?

storybookgirlApril 25, 2012

My 1933 house has nice wood floors throughout the house, but it is lacking the shine? How do I go about in bringing this shine?

So we brought a sofa in and it seemed to scratch the floor. I am thinking there is wax on top of the floor and the sofa leg scratched it off? It is impossible that this house is from 1930 and has no scratch on the floor except for the long line we just made from the foyer to the living room. AH!

What do you guys think? Do you think we just scratched the wax off or are we screwed with this line? Will renting a buffer from home depot bring the shine back and get rid of the line?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
storybookgirl

Ooops I didn't see that there was a flooring forum.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 5:33PM
bulldinkie

I have a 1700 farmhouse about every 3years I wax mine wood flor wax,buff.They get beautiful.My dr asked me one day what I do he said his dog has floors damaged.He was talking redoing them, no need floors are beautiful when done,I like imperfections in floor gives it character

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 7:13PM
jannie

I have oak flooring in my home. Had it professionally sanded, stained and covered with 2 layers of Polyurethane. That was ten or so years ago. I keep it clean with regular cleaning with Bona cleraner and Bona floor finish (two different products) Any spills or pet accidents get cleaned up right away. It's still shiny.

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 8:22AM
franci37

I clean floors on my job. Halloway House is the BEST I've found in years of buying one brand after another. Won't switch. My customers have never been disappointed. It's not a wax.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 8:16PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™