How to avoid streaks cleaning tile floors

celeApril 17, 2007

HI

Ok i want to know how i can avoid streaks on my tile. I used that Quick shine stuff to make it shine after I washed 3x just to make sure and OMG- streaks streaks streaks- it looks WORST now then it did before i used that stuff! should i do another coat? augh any ideas totally appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Use a stripper and get that quick shine off....The more times you use it the heavier the coating.
If you want your floor to shine use a real wax that takes buffing.
Linda C

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 12:55PM
gibby2015

I just clean with plain hot water - no streaks.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 6:34PM
gammyt

Wash it over and over again with ammonia and water and maybe that quick shine stuff will go away. Very good rule of thumb, if it is sold on an informercial, don't buy it.

Course the same can be said about store stuff. I use to clean my tile with a product from the grocery store (the name escapes me right now but everyone has heard of it).

Our kitchen floor was only a year old when we moved. When the table and everything was moved out there was a yellow rectangle on the floor highlighting exactly where the sun touched the floor.

Our new place with white linoleum floors, I only wash them with water and a microfibre mop and they sparkle like brand new after almost 4 years.

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 7:45PM
malia_2006

The trick is, you don't need any fancy cleaner that promises magical results. Just get a really good tool to start out with, and you will save yourself many headaches down the road. I use a Swift Microfiber Mop. It is the fastest way to mop, and it produces great results. Just use water to get no-streak results on any kind of floor. When you are done, the pad is machine washable. This mop is a single investment, with nothing more to buy ever. It is fast and cleans better than any other kind I have used.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microfiber Mop

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™