pedestal sink back splash ideas - please

bluestarrgalleryApril 26, 2014

We just re-did our small bathroom, floor space is 4 x 6 and shower is 3 x 4, when we removed the old pedestal and installed the new one the wallboard is messed up above the new pedestal sink, you can see in the photo that the tile in the bathroom is a dark slate look tile and the same tile is in the shower

I was thinking of putting in a back splash behind the pedestal sink, what do you think?

should I get some of the small tiles from the shower floor and put behind the sink

or should I try and get a piece of marble to put behind the sink sticking with the white of the pedestal?

do you think a backsplash behind the pedestal sink is good idea or am I crazy?

thanks for your advice

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

Maybe you could get a small piece of stone and have it cut? That's what the one below appears to be.

Traditional Bathroom by Vancouver Tile, Stone & Countertops World Mosaic (BC) Ltd.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 11:58AM
nancylouise_gw

I would stick with the floor tiles you already have in the bathroom. Maybe bring the tiles up to meet the bottom of the medicine cabinet/mirror if you have enough. Just another added bit of color and chance to use those beautiful tiles. NancyLouise

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 12:26PM
bluestarrgallery

Hi Lotterticket, thanks, oh that does look nice, I'll show it to DH, I posted on my blog and others said the same thing as you suggest.

Hi Nancylouise, thanks, I'm afraid if I add too much more dark tile the room will be too dark looking and we have some large tiles left, but no small tiles

here's a photo of the shower which is slightly darker than the floor

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 1:42PM
sloyder

I would either fix the drywall, or maybe you could get a piece of marble cut in an arch shape to cover the damage, and that would run the length of the sink.

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™