Calling for tile expert, what type of white grout to use

zzttApril 3, 2012

I have three different white and blue tiles in my bathroom; want to use only one white grout for all the them. The grout joints are 1/16" for the floor, 1/8" for the shower wall and shower pan, and 1/4" for the rest of the wall area.

Hate to see the white grout joint getting dirty and yellow, and want to do it right in the beginning.

Should I use regular grout (Custom Polyblend) and seal it to prevent yellowing? Or using Spectralock epoxy grout but not sure it is good for 1/16".

Laticrete also has something called PermaColor, but it is a sanded product. Again, not sure it is OK for 1/16".

Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SusanCF

Well, I am no tile expert, but we just had our bathroom tiled and we had the installer use Spectralock PRO epoxy grout and our tile all had nominal 1/16 inch seams. (He said that for the beveled tile, the seam is closer to 1/8 inch at the widest point -- I think our floor tile was beveled and our wall tile had straight edges so was a true 1/16 inch.)

We haven't started using the bathroom yet, but the tile looks great. Sorry, I don't seem to have taken a picture of the finished tile yet!

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Should I be concerned about the lippage on my new tile job?
At first glance my porcelain tile job in my bathroom...
susanelewis
Bathroom
Walls are blue with red and royal blue towels white...
bobbyfly1
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
stevemac00
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™