Subzero installation question. Is my cutout too wide?

boxtaApril 20, 2012

HI all,

I just bought a house where there's a cabinet depth fridge cutout for an existing freestanding fridge... the cutout is 36 1/4 wide and 76 high.

I have decided to replace the top cabinet to make it 84 high, to fit a subzero 36 inch built in in the cut out

however, now looking at the installation instruction, it says the cut out should be 36 inches. however my current cut out is 36 1/4 inches

should i be concerned??? would it still work??

please help!! i want to make sure before I drop the $ to buy the sub zero

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaseki

Bigger beats smaller. If there is too much gap, add a trim pieces to one side. Keep in mind that really heavy units are difficult to perfectly keep aligned when moving them, so some gap will help installation.

More critical is depth; there has to be room to fit the unit in far enough for the doors to line up with the other cabinet doors (if you are using overlay).

Be sure that there is a separate circuit back there.

Plan on having to mount a board to the wall as an anti-tip device. For good stability, it can also be screwed to the unit's sheet metal, BUT NOT INTO REFRIGERATION PARTS.

A cover panel for the area above the unit must provide for panel removal to undo any connected stability attachment before removing the unit.

kas

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
Bluestar Electric French Door Wall Oven
Who has one? would love to hear about it! I love the...
Dietitian
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™