Toter Garbage Cans

kclvApril 5, 2011

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this info, but I figure garbage cans go with cleaning, so...

A couple of years ago, I splurged and bought a 64 gallon Toter rolling garbage can at Lowes. They aren't cheap ($72), but it is very sturdy and (I thought) indestructible.

However, my garbage men managed to break off the hinged lid and lose it. Having no lid was fine in the winter months, but I live in an area with super hot summers, and need a lid to mask odors.

I was all set to buy another, but when I checked the Lowes website for availability, I read the reviews. Turns out if you call Toter customer service, they will send you a new lid for free! You don't even have to pay for shipping.

I called yesterday, and my new lid will arrive within 2 weeks.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Free? That's a good company. I rescued two plastic rubbermaid cans from the city dump and had to pay for new lids.

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 7:31PM
jannie

Good serice. We put in two Toto toilets in 2005. When the flapper on one broke, I called my plumber. he told me to call Toto and they'd send a replacement part. It worked! But I did have to pay my plumber to install it.

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 11:27AM
kclv

Update: the new lid arrived 3 days after I called. I am super impressed.

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 1:16AM
More Discussions
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
how to keep fridge odor free
use coffee powder to eliminate odor from the fridge. share...
jammyrose
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™