What can bring the shine back to my Pergo floor?

kaisermustApril 28, 2012

Our Pergo kitchen floor is now a few years old. Medium oak. Just two people in the household but one big canine and one long-haired feline. So gobs of dust-bunnies and dirt/mud tracked in from the backyard. I use Bona hardwood floor cleaner every week. Have never used anything else on it. Looks good and shiny when it's wet from the Bona put when it drys you can see that the dirt has just been swirled around the floor and the floor dries dull. Any suggestions on alternate cleaning methods and something to bring back that just new-from-the-box shine would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary_c_gw

Why aren't you just using the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning?

Pergo isn't wood. It's a laminate product. Using a hardwood cleaner isn't necessarily the best plan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pergo cleaning

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

You can't put a new finish on laminate, but you can remove any products that are dulling the finish. It sounds to me like the buildup of Bona hardwood floor cleaner on the laminate is your problem. Pergo recommends cleaning with 1 cup vinegar or one-half cup of ammonia in a gallon of water.

You may have to clean it a number of times if there is a big buildup. Try cleaning one area so that you can see if this is working.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™