Dishwashing Detergent Capsules: Environmentally Friendly?

wawCooksApril 30, 2013

Hi...we are about to order our appliances. I have never used dishwashing detergent capsules. I have tried to research whether the Thermador Star-Sapphire DW must be run with capsules or is just better with them. I haven't found much info to answer that question. I have found that Method's dish tabs are environmentally friendly and come unscented. Has anyone successfully used them with a Bosch or Thermador (or Miele for that matter)?

I will post separate questions about the appliances we are narrowing down to in another post.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whirlpool_trainee

You can use the Thermador with absolutely any detergent you'd like - tablets, powder, gel...

Alex

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 4:56AM
wawCooks

Great. THANKS! Cheryl

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 7:56AM
sleevendog

I've tried to find out 'why the capsules?'. It seems convenience and ease of use.
Pre-measured etc. Or maybe with powder, if your cup/fill spot is awkward, the powder granules could prevent the 'door' from activating properly. I use SeventhGeneration powder, not pods. And yes, it has popped open when it should not...jury still out on that one. I also prefer to control how much i use.
I may use a bit less detergent for a lighter load. My old washer was hard to load with powder, went everywhere so switched to SGen gel.
More important i think, with the new washers using less water and working more efficient, is to take advantage of the settings. I use the ECO setting 9 out of 10 times. A gunkier, stickier meal, i will boost the setting a bit higher/stronger.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™