NN help with vanity tower.

lilloApril 24, 2013

My vanity tower should be 24" wide by 15 " deep . I haven't decided on the height yet . It wil centered between the double sinks with 2 doors . The question is should I make it to open in the middle as one cabinet , or should I make it as 2 separate cabinets so the doors will open opposite to each other ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

Definitely, have it open in the middle as one cabinet. Are you thinking of having two separate 12" towers? I would not do that, you'll be wasting a lot of space, and I'm sure it would be way more expensive. If not, I don't really understand the question, because isn't there only one way to have a 2 door cabinet?

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 3:29AM
mydreamhome

If you open in the middle, the entire interior width of the cabinet is available for use. To make the doors open opposite each other (hinged in the middle), you would end up with 2 separate, but narrow spaces and likely have to use 2 cabinets butted up to each other which will increase your costs (cheaper to build/buy 1-24" cabinet than 2-12" cabinets). With all that being said, I'd go for opening in the middle. If you want separation, you can always add an interior divider later and you can decide on which individual shelves you want the divider to be located.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 3:29AM
lillo

Thank you mydreamhome and raehelen for your feedback . Yes Raehelen i was considering having 2 separate towers attached to each other , so I will have mine and my husband has his , and each one will open it his side , like the tower I am copying off of houzz . However , as you said it will take away from the space and will be more expensive . I will just stick with one tower opening in the middle. Thank you again.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 11:00AM
catbuilder

Why don't you have one cabinet with two doors, with the hinges in the middle of the cabinet? Then you both can easily access your own side of the cabinet without having to reach around an open door. The hinges mount at the top and bottom of the cabinet, rather than to a side of the cabinet.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 5:24PM
lillo

Thank you catbuilder that is a good idea , I like it a lot . I was really bothered by the idea of going around the opened door . I'll tell my contractor to do That on Monday .

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
New build master bath layout help please
I’m a little stuck, and looking for ideas. In the...
am_e
Tall toilet brands?
Looking for suggestions, need taller than the standard...
jewelisfabulous
Xpost: Economical FLAT subway tile?
Hi everyone! If I had my druthers, we'd be ordering...
kiwigem
New bath w ikea Sektion cabinets (image heavy)
After many long months, we have our bathroom addition...
amemm
Sponsored Products
Pet Bowl - 2qt - Loll Designs
$159.00 | HORNE
18 Ga Sink 2 Strainers 2 Grids Cutting Board
PLFixtures
3Form Brushed Nickel 21-Inch Wide Fluorescent Three-Light Semi-Flush Bowl with T
$898.95 | Bellacor
Habersham Bella Rustica 74 x 22 Rectangular Expandable Sofa Table
LuxeDecor
Joy Carpets Butterfly Delight Kids Area Rug Multicolor - 1541-C
$225.00 | Hayneedle
KOHLER Bathroom Ladena Undermount Bathroom Sink in Black Black Black K-2214-7
Home Depot
Madison Oklahoma Rose Sand Storm Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 10 In. Rug
$170.40 | Bellacor
Progress Lighting P3191-20Ebwb Trinity Two-Light Fluorescent Bath Light With Bul
Progress Lighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™