New on to me. Have you heard of cleaning glass with foil?

lurkandkibitzApril 18, 2011
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I save all my little bits of foil. I re-use them to cover my dog's half-used cans of food. But I never tried them for cleaning glass. I had a friend who used only steel wool pads to do her dishes. She was a cleaning maniac. She deep-cleaned her home every week. Me, when the foil gets worn out, gets holes, I transfer them to my town recycling bin. My town recycles glass, metal, certain plastics, newspaper and cardboard. I am happy to do my part. I also give old clothing and shoes to a charity that picks up. I gave them my old coffee maker last year. I have a bag out for them today. But enough about me. Stepping down from the podium.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 7:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark40511

I've never tried that. I have the best luck with a Squeegee cleaning glass and mirrors than anything I've ever tried. And even more crazy is that I don't have to use any kind of cleaner. Just a damp rag ran over the mirror or glass, then squeegee it down really well and there are no streaks at all. My mirrors and windows aren't very dirty though. If they were greasy or had cigarette smoke on them, probably dish soap and or vinegar and a squeegee.

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™