Zephyr or Best for Wolf AG?

dljmthApril 8, 2012

Looking for a hood to go over a Wolf AG 36" with 4 burners and a griddle (used mostly for pancakes and breakfast fare). Cooking style is light - not too much stir frying. Mostly simple meals, heavier on the baking side. I priced out the Modernaire and they are simply a budget buster so am now considering Best and Zephyr. These models have lower CFM's

Appliance sales rep said that if I am not going with a higher CFM unit, then I should aim for:

1. deep as possible to reach front burners

2. set it as low as possible

3. turn on the hood 15 minutes before starting to cook

4. aim for 8" ducting

So I am down to these:

Zephyr Venezia 42" - This one is 24" deep and has an 8" duct. 715 CFM priced at about $1450

http://zephyronline.com/docs/brand_essentials/products/specsheets/veneziab_spec.pdf

Best 42" - 22" deep and has a 6" duct. 600 CFM priced at about $1000

http://www.bestrangehoods.com/store/products/productdetail.aspx?id=c1e50116-b3bc-4814-b5e4-172eb5e46700

Leaning toward the Zephyr. Anyone have experience with the Venezia?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue2012

I am going to purchase a wolf 6 burner ag. My rep told me broan makes the wolf hoods. I know broan makes great hoods as i have them in our restaurant.
Buying a braon would save lots of $$$s. I just hope i find one i like.
I am not familiar with the other brands. Just thought i would chime in.

Good Luck!!

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 10:56AM
sue2012

Do you like your wolf gas oven? How long have you had it.
Please list the pros and cons. Also, If you are going to look at the broan hoods make sure there are no plastic parts to it as they would be destroyed with the heat from your ag range. I checked that out today. I am going with a wolf hood, just don't know if i want the ag or dual fuel.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 12:54AM
dljmth

We are just beginning our remodel, so I don't have experience with the Wolf AG. We did however chose AG over DF simply because we thought it was less complicated to have a single fuel source. We will have an additional wall oven installed at some point in the future.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 1:12AM
ex007

Don't know if it helps, but Broan makes Best. So, if you're buying a Best, you're buying a Broan. They are just a little different in style.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:02AM
pbx2_gw

Supposedly - Broan makes the Wolf hoods also - I have a email out to them to ask.

Hopefully we can clear up some things.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 9:32AM
Madeline616

Hi Laurat88,

I have the Wolf 36" DF, with the 58" Best hood. I have an 1100 CFM inline blower. (We went with the wider hood for better capture, b/c my setup has the hood higher than usual above the cooking surface).

Anyway, the Best hood is wonderful!! I love it. The controls are simple, the look is sleek and attractive, the Halogen lights are bright and really beautiful.

My Best hood is also amazingly quiet. Much quieter than my friend's Vent-A-Hood (that's all I have to compare it to, b/c I haven't listened to other hoods).

I can't recommend Best by Broan highly enough!!

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 11:05AM
pbx2_gw

So Wolf csr replied to my email regarding who makes their hoods : Broan =Best = Wolf.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 6:52PM
palomalou

I've had 36" Wolf ag for seven years--actually, two-because I liked the first one so much that when we moved to another city I bought the exact same range. In both places I put a Rangemaster by Broan and have been very happy. Where I am now, we could not go up through the roof so we went under the floor and out the side of the house about 25 feet away. We got the 1200 cfm remote blower because of the distance issue. You can see it working pulling vapor right up. And I wok about once a week or so. Haven't found any Wolf problems except my laziness re cleaning the oven!

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
Fisher Paykel RF201ADX4 - Anyone have this fridge??
Hi Everyone, This fridge has a pretty good price right...
LiliReno
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Mb
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Does Anyone have the Wolf Range with a Griddle?
I've got one and I find the grease doesn't drip into...
sbedelman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™