Choosing a central vac system: bean, galaxie, drainvac

kj2000April 15, 2009

We have a ~4000sf home and we're installing central vac. I have three different choices: Beam 275c, Galaxie GA-100, or Drainvac.

I'm leaning towards the Beam since it seems to be of the highest quality and the design and reliability seems to be very good.

I'm not neccessairly trying to save some $$$ as much as make an investment in a quality system that will last 10+ years and be very reliable.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions in favor or against any one of these power units?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinook73

I can't comment on the three that you're looking at but we had a hide-a-hose installed by Vacuflo in our new place. Sounds lame but I LOVE that the hose sucks into the wall. I LOVE MY VACUUM. And that is a comment on the state of my life at the moment :)

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 4:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathleenca

Hi kj2000,

I have had a Beam system with a Stealth power head since mid-2005. There have been absolutely no problems, & like chinook, I love having a central vac.

Try a search of all forums for central vac. There are many comments & evaluations in the Building a Home, Cleaning & Appliances forums.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
onions on wood cutting board odor removal?
I tried searching and haven't seen this-- We use a...
sheilaaus122
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
How Do You Clean Whirlpool Jets??
We're building a new house and have ordered a whirlpool...
MrsBigE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™