Need good steam cleaner for carpet - suggestions?

peabody1April 15, 2011

In the past I have rented a steam cleaner from the grocery store to clean my carpets. My dog keeps vomiting on the carpet every once-in-awhile, so I'm thinking it might be easier just to buy a carpet cleaner. Has anyone had experience with ones you buy that they would like to share? Not looking for a shampoo-er, but a steam cleaner.

Also, I have asthma so I can't use chemicals. Has anyone cleaned their carpets with just water or something natural?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I borrowed a Bissel and a Hoover hands down Hoover was best so I bought this one
Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner, Black, F7412900

it is an awesome machine. Cleans so well, better than the commercial one's we have rented, and dries very fast.
This model has the separate rinse water container, the detergent goes in it's own container and it mixes it as you use it, this allows you to do a separate rinse with just water to get out as much of the soap as possible.
I do a soap/clean stroke up and back then switch to rinse and do up and back then release trigger and do a dry pass up and back. Works great.
You do need to use some of the cleaner detergents, I also have asthma and scent allergies but these have not bothered me at all and I think the fact that I can do the clear water rinse helps because that takes out all the detergent and the scent.

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
removing dog urine smell
My aister, who works full time, has had a live in nanny....
cearab
Mold/ Mildew out of clothing, Can it be done?
I have a pink and a blue shirt that were not unpacked...
saphire
shower doors nightmare
Hello there. My boyfriend is about to sell his house,...
vacuumfreak
Sponsored Products
Afina Vanderbilt Medium Triple Door Surface Mount Baroque Medicine Cabinet - 42W
Hayneedle
Circo White and Yellow Rectangular: 2 Ft. 8 In. x 4 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$110.00 | Bellacor
Mythos Red and Taupe Runner: 4 Ft. x 16 Ft. Rug
$648.00 | Bellacor
Thermocast Kitchen Rochester Drop-in Acrylic 25x22x9 2-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen
Home Depot
Greenington | Currant Nightstand
YLiving.com
Luna Replacement Pad - Set of Two
$17.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for: