Cleaning Stainless Steel Gas Range Top

clagaApril 6, 2012

Hi,

We have a GE Cafe' natural gas range top with stainless steel top around the burners. The stainless steel around the burners is discoloring and turning brown like it has been overheated.

I have tried to clean it with soap and warm water on the blue mildly abravsive side of a sponge.

With no luck at all.

I don't want to go the the green abrasive because I am afraid I might scratch the steainless steel.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Oh, be very, very careful about using even a mildly abrasive sponge or cleaner on GE's aluminum. My husband cleaned the front of our Advantium with a 'safe' scrubby, only a month or two after we got it (back when they were going for about $1200), and left it horribly scratched--something I've had to live with for the past 12 years!

Have you tried using a baking soda paste on it? Let it sit for a bit, and wipe with a soft cloth--baking soda is non-abrasive, and usually does the job for me, for so many different cleaning tasks, that it's the first cleaning product I reach for.

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 10:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mailfox7

I just use Easy Off oven cleaner (no fume in the blue can). Spray it on and give it a few hours and that stuff wipes right off with a sponge.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Help! Lime Away hurt my sink!
Hi all, I had a new cleaning lady work in my cottage...
jlknovi
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™