Roach Infested House - GROSS!
My son and daughter in law purchased their first home recently. They knew there was a roach problem but certainly not to the extent that it is. Of course it has been treated by pest control once already and will be again today. And I have spent the last 5 days sucking live and dead ones up with the vacuum. We had to take the doors off the cabinets and the hinges too to clean off the excrement. They were also nesting in the tracks of the blinds.
My question is - my son and DIL have to be out of their apartment by the 15th. We suggested they not put anything in the house until a week after the treatment today. But my son wants to go ahead and start moving in. I am scared that they will regret it, that it will just allow the infestation to start up again.
We have seen a decrease over the last few days and we know that the treatments have a knockdown time but it takes a week or so to tell just how affective it will be.
They are just so pushed for time. We have suggested putting everything sealed in the garage and waiting a week before actually moving stuff in. Another factor is my DIL is 5 months pregnant. My son is also painting so she can't really be in there anyway. I don't think they are actually going to live there but just want to move furniture in.
What would you do?