Which is Better Bissel Steam Mop or the Shark Steam Mop

rosetroiApril 25, 2008

So glad to find out about steam mops. Didn't know they existed. Now after reading on this forum am trying to figure out which one to buy - Bissell or Shark and if so which model. Will be used on porcelain tile. Also how good are they on grout? This is what gets so dirty on my current tile.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reeree_natural

They are both good, but you may like the bissel better. I have the shark mop, had the first one they made and I loved it..they made a new and 'improved' one, and even though it is a good mop, powerful, and lots of steam, you have to push the mop forward for the steam to be released. They designed it this way as a saftey precaution. It's a personal choice in how the mops function, both are good mops. I personally like continuous steam.. probably because that is what I have been use to for a few years...that is my disappointment with shark. Either way, steam is a great, easy, fast way to clean, does a great job.
Ree

Bookmark   April 25, 2008 at 9:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg85

I have the Bissel and am very happy with it. I have had it for 4 years and use it on hardwood and tile with excellant results. The Bissel has a trigger mechanism on the handle that releases the steam onto the floor. The mop head turns easily and allows me to get around corners, especially great in bathroom around toilets. The Bissel comes with two terry mophead covers. They are removable and I can toss it in the washing machine after each use.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™