Is there difference Viking D3 or Pro Refrigerator

M4rtinApril 21, 2013

My wife is asking me to try and find french door fridge with handles closest to Bluestar range.
I've been looking at one line of fridges that whirpool released, seems that Kitchenaid, Jenn-Air, Viking and probably others share.
I understand that Viking D3 might have the same fridge as others but what I don't understand is why Viking Pro seems to have the exact same fridge but for $500 more.
Is there something I'm missing that makes the price difference or is it just the sticker and handles ?

Viking D3 Series RDDFF236SS
Viking Professional Series VCFF236SS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

For the "Pro" handle look and perhaps some minor interior changes. But $500 more is down from $1000 a few months ago.

I hope you are aware the Viking was recently purchased by Middlebe Corp, which is already cutting employees. Viking uses a Whirlpool prototype interior they make themselves. Their SS finish is nice. Just be aware of the new ownership-plenty to read on here about it.

Between the Whirlpool plant made Jenn Air and Kitchen Aid Pro lines, the only thing that still bugs me is the brushed stainless on the KA. I just don't like it personally. I'm still considering the Jenn Air Pro and am looking at the new 36" GE CD with in-door water (hot and cold) that's going to be available in May.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
miele dishwasher gold substance explosion
i had a new water heater installed this morning and...
abenyjones
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™