New GE Profile Kitchen Appliances

gino5940April 10, 2012

Less than 18 months ago, my partner and I purchased a new home that had all GE Profile kitchen appliances included. In 18 months, every single appliance, including the Profile Microwave, has needed a major repair. Some have been covered by an extended warranty, most have not. The most exasperating experience has been with the dishwasher. After three control panels, it still will not let you de-select the added heat option, once selected. The problem is, if you use that option, the diswasher will get to one of its cycles, and run the main motor and heating element without a water fill, and will not shut off. A trip to reset it from the circuit breaker is all that will help. Our Profile French door refrigerator has an inoperative icemaker that replacement has failed to resolve. I could go on forever. We do not have the resources to replace the appliances with reliable ones, and I wouldn't know what to purchase anyway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean61

Thanks for the info....it helps those of us that are in a search now for new appliances!! Thanks again

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 7:18AM
More Discussions
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™