Rain shower head recommendations please

sochiMarch 12, 2012

We are looking to have a ceiling mounted rain shower head installed, plus a hand held shower mounted on wall. Would also consider a wall mounted rain shower combo. Any recommendations? Any I should steer clear of? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
winesnob

I have researched several places in our area and decided on the Hansgrohe Raindance 10". Body sprays and handheld are Grohe. This was our first remodel in years and I was totally shocked at the price of bath fixtures, valves, etc

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 1:16AM
sochi

Thanks winesnob. I have noted through searches here that Hansgrohe seems the most popular, or reliable perhaps. I just want the rain shower and a handheld. I'm considering a double Hansgrohe at the moment, and yes, I'm in shock at the prices! Perhaps the Hansgrohe rain shower and a separate hand held from a "lesser" make would be more affordable.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 8:14AM
cat_mom

I thought I had replied the other day--sorry! We have the Hansgrohe Raindance (either the S 120 or S 150--I forget which one, but I think it's the 120). It's the "air" rain head which gives it more oomph than a typical rain-shower head. We have the same shower head in my both main use bathrooms, and both DH and I like them.

The "self-clean" rubber (silicone?) nubs really work. We have moderately hard water (mineral deposits are such a PITA!), and I had noticed diminished spray strength while showering a month or so ago. I reached up, rubbed my fingers over the nubs, and spray strength was restored!

We got all of our bath fixtures/hardware somewhat locally (Hardware Design in NJ), and got good prices (we had gotten our kitchen stuff there as well), but I also saw some decent prices online while researching the stuff we were choosing.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 9:30AM
sas95

We have just the rain head and handheld as well. Our handheld is Grohe and the rain shower is a Moen Velocity. I like the Moen because you can adjust the flow from a typical light rain flow to a more concentrated flow with more force. Which works well for us, since it turned out that my husband likes the true rain setting and I prefer the more forceful one.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™