Urgent: Opinions requested on hex tile spacing

hvhayMarch 3, 2014

Hi all,

The marble hex tile in our master is in and grouting will be happening tomorrow. We went over to look at it tonight and were concerned about some of the spacing between the tiles. I understand that when it is grouted (with a light gray grout), a lot of this will become less noticeable, but I'm just wondering if this would be considered within the acceptable range and if not, if there's anything that can be done to rectify this pre-grout. Thanks for any and all opinions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Don't grout it until you take a look at this thread just down the page. It might answer some of your questions.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Another problem with hex spacing.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 11:44PM
hvhay

Thank you Babka, that was helpful and informative. It sounds like there are some options aside from just ripping it all out, which is a relief. We wrote to our architect about it and she said that she too was concerned, so the GC is going to talk to the tile guy about it before any grout goes in.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:05PM
likewhatyoudo

I hope your gc has a solution for you. The tiles look awesome. Could you tell what the tile is? I look forward to seeing the whole bathroom when it is done it looks like it will be gorgeous!

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:19PM
hvhay

Thanks RTWilliams! I've never had such a beautiful bathroom before and am so looking forward to using it. I plan to hypnotize myself into not noticing any possible imperfections. :) The floor tile is 1" hexagon honed carrara. I will surely post photos once it's done.

Yikes! After perusing the bathrooms forum some more and reading about threeapples saga in the "Is my shower floor ruined?" thread, I'm now paranoid about the fact that we are using this same tile on the floor of the shower. Oh well, I have confidence in our GC and know that he will make things right for us in the event of such a calamity.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Master bath remodel - faucet help
I'm trying to decide between a few faucets for my sinks...
melissapta
Bathroom
Walls are blue with red and royal blue towels white...
bobbyfly1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™