What do you use to clean your granite? What sealer?

stinky-gardenerMarch 31, 2011

This has probably been discussed around here before, but I missed the conversation!

Granite, (St. Cecilia light) was installed in my kitchen in December. Was told that it was sealed in the workshop, and will need to be sealed again every year, which they suggested I do myself.

For daily cleaning, I've been using "409 Natural Stone Cleaner," and it does look and feel clean and shiny for the most part. However, in certain light, I see what looks like, for lack of a better description, "watermarks" here and there. I can't clean these off. Was the granite not sealed well enough, or could I be doing/using something better/differently?

What do you granite owners use to clean with? At HD recently, I saw "Simple Green Stone Cleaner" and "SG Stone Polish." Anyone used either product? Wonder if the polish would be a good idea? Also, Hope's, the makers of my fav cleaning product, "Perfect Glass," also makes "Perfect Countertops," for cleaning stone. Of course, I wonder about that too!

I'm a little concerned about experimenting with products on the granite, so before I purchase, want to check out what people here are using!

As far as sealer goes, what do y'all use? Is it difficult to apply?

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stinky-gardener

Oh, just saw that there is a thread going now..."Easier way to clean granite?" Sorry!!!

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
Dishes smell 'fishy' after dishwasher
All my dishes and flatware have a funky sort of odor...
michelle_phxaz
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
Sebo K3 vs Bank
Our remodel included replacing carpet and tile flooring...
Saje
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™