Electric dustpan, Eye Vac?

suzycentriMarch 17, 2010

I tried to search for this, but couldn't find anything, so if there is a thread out there talking about these, could someone just point me there?

I did not put central vac in my new house because I thought they were silly. Now, of c ourse, I've found this website and hear how much everyone loves them. I could probably retrofit, but with radiant tubes running through every floor joist, it's probably not in my best interests to do that. (My husband might murder me in my sleep if I suggest putting even more in the walls and floors.)

So, I stumbled across something called an Eye Vac. I've also seen it called Eye-Vac and Eyevac (I'm trying to be search-friendly). It's an el ectric dustpan.

It's 20 inches tall, 9 inches deep and 12 inches wide. It has to be plugged in.

It seems like it would be like the kick-plate dustpans used by central vacs. I found one for $80 on Sam's Club's website.

Does anyone have one of these, and do you like it?

Here is a link that might be useful: One of many Eye-Vac links

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzycentri

I'm wondering if they have enough "suck". They have super reviews, but you know how those can be.

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 2:00PM
geguymw

This is nothing new. Salton tried their hand at it with their Westinghouse SweepEZE unit. It was not successful or it would still be around. This unit, you are referring to, looks almost identical to the "Westy" version.

I do not want to discourage you, but here is why it may not be successful. You purchase this machine that sits in an area of your room. You have to bring all the swept dirt to that unit. You also get the privilege of emptying it and cleaning the filters.

With a dustpan, you can take it anywhere in the house. It is quiet and does not cost as much as the electric "vac pan". If you do not want to bend over to sweep up dirt, they do make good dust pans that have long vertical handles. No bending necessary.

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 3:09AM
jannie

I had a friend who bouight a house with central vacuuming already ionstalled. She didn't like it at all.

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 8:28AM
kathleenca

Central vacuums can be retrofitted; I had one installed almost five years ago in my 70-year house. I LOVE it, & so did the woman who used to clean for me. The vacuum tubes run up inside the walls. The number of tubes & outlets depends on the size & layout of a house. Mine is 1,950 sq ft & I have three outlets, plus a dustpan outlet near the back door.

If I had it to do again, I wouldn't have the dustpan - it's so loud I seldom use it.

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
easiest way to clean silk plants?
I have a bunch of silk plants, mostly in my kitchen...
drcindy
onions on wood cutting board odor removal?
I tried searching and haven't seen this-- We use a...
sheilaaus122
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™