Where is your garbage can in master bath?

onelady1dog2girlsMarch 17, 2012

Hi, everyone. We are finalizing our vanity and masterbath selections. One thing I have always disliked in our previous masterbath,, was an ugly garbage can in full view. I could remedy this by putting it into our vanity as a pullout, but I hate to lose valuable storage space with a garbage. We have a toilet behind a privacy wall but the wall to wall space where the toilet resides is like 36"...so with a toilet, not much space for tucking away. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

I decided to put mine under the sink with a pull out on the floor of the vanity. I solved some of the storage loss by putting a cabinet over the toilet which is recessed between the studs. I didn't want to worry about hitting heads on a cabinet, but wanted more storage. I can't stand to look at an open wastebasket, so that was my solution.

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 3:26AM
andreadeg

Same here, in my master bathroom i put the garbage in the vanity cabinet. Since i had added under cabinet drawers the storage had become alot more efficient anyway and the loss of space wasn't a problem. In the family bathroom the garbage is out in the open next to the toilet because I don't think my son will open the door to throw something away!

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 11:07AM
busybee3

we also have it in vanity cabinet... i wasn't necessarily planning it there, but there was no convenient place to tuck it away after remodel and we have plenty of storage space. i love it there!

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™