Interiors pics of our Summerlake Plan by Frank Betz

newhouseorbustMarch 24, 2012

Finally have pics! Here our some interior pics from our builders blog website. We chose a consistent blue\green\gray with chocolate accents on doors, floors and beams throught out. Granite in kitchen is Alaskan White with back counter perimeter in Leathered Black Alacruz.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summerlake

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kelhuck

Do you have any other pics of your brown doors? I'd love to see the contrast between the brown and your white trim. Beautiful house and colors, btw!

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 10:13PM
newhouseorbust

Hi thank you! yes below is a link to our photobucket I added 1 of the doors (pardon the lighting).

Here is a link that might be useful: more interior pics

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 8:33PM
kelhuck

I LOVE it! What a great idea! Keeps the grime from little hands hidden, I bet. I may have to steal your idea. Thanks for sharing!

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 10:15PM
downsy

You built a beautiful home!

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 8:56AM
newhouseorbust

Thanks, it certainly does hide the grime. I left the doors on the 2nd floor the trim color as they seemed to "pop" better with kid friendly room colors. It's ok to steal the idea I stole it from my girlfriend who did something similar...lol my superitendent thought I was crazy but I love they look hey it's only paint right?

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 9:19AM
Norris35

Maybe a long shot since this post ended last year but my wife and I just came across your summerlake pics. We viewed this plan about 2 1/2 years ago on the betz website and now we're closing on our loan to start construction. We made a few changes to the plan. We relocated the staircase to the side of the garage door so we could add a small butler's pantry where the original stairs were . We also stole a foot from the dining room and added to the kitchen. I think your house dining room is closed off like we did. Wanted to have option for an office. I had two question if you don't mind me asking? What are the measurements of the kitchen island? We thought about doing something different with the beams in the living room but do you know the width of the flat area of the vaulted ceiling? looks like about 6ft.

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 12:33PM
travism30

I am selling the summer lake plans. My wife and i bought the plans and decided to build another house. The plans are right reading reverse. Have 5 of the 8 we bought and looking to sell for $600. Email me at travismxi@yahoo.com

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 9:41AM
mrspete

Lovely house! You must be very happy!

Oddly enough, this is the second time today I've asked this question, but I'm really interested: Your kitchen appears to be the same size and layout as the one we're planning. Are you happy with the function of your kitchen?

Both you and the other poster have the refrigerator on the opposite end from what I'm planning . . . And I'm thinking you're in the right. And I'm thinking I want the sink in the main body of the cabinets, keeping the island free for prep work.

Anyway, I'd love to hear details on how your kitchen is functioning.

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 4:35PM
newhouseorbust

Hello sorry just seeing these now our kitchen island is 5x7 and yes we made our dining area an office and swapped ovens and fridge. We love the house however if we had to do it over again I would widen the center of the house as the foyer hall cuts into family room dimensions creating a walk way and makes furniture placement tough ....hindsight right????? You can email me directly at lmsamuel@comporium.net if you have more questions

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 9:43PM
newhouseorbust

Hello sorry just seeing these now our kitchen island is 5x7 and yes we made our dining area an office and swapped ovens and fridge. We love the house however if we had to do it over again I would widen the center of the house as the foyer hall cuts into family room dimensions creating a walk way and makes furniture placement tough ....hindsight right????? You can email me directly at lmsamuel@comporium.net if you have more questions

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
How to cut back on cost
We have 6 kids, 4 still at home. We want a large house...
mommabearof5
Modifying Master Bedroom Entry
This plan includes a nice hallway that runs across...
burbmomoftwo
is/has anyone built a frank betz home?
Just wondering... Which model? We are currently considering...
liptonjl
Floorplan Feedback-I think we're getting close!
This is the upstairs. The office in the lower corner...
edwardshome
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™