mythreesonsnc - are you still around?

andi_kMarch 4, 2012

mythreesons - I'm hoping you are still around and can help with an exterior paint color suggestion!

We finally broke ground! Things are progressing and I'm searching the planet for the perfect exterior paint colors. Will you share what you did for the exterior siding and trim colors? I want something light, but not too white or grey or tan...your pics look similar to what I'd prefer (at least on my monitor..ha!)

Anyway, I'm hoping you are still around and can point me in a good direction...thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mythreesonsnc

Sorry I missed this, Buckheadbilly sent me a heads up! Thanks!

I'm so excited for you that you've broken ground, congratulations!
One day I was driving around and saw a house with paint colors I really liked. I stuck a note in their mailbox and got a call back. The nice lady gave me her paint cans so I could sample it! The main color is Duron "mushroom," and the trim color is Duron "October Frost." I am happy with the colors --- It is hard to say if it is more in the greys or the tans, which I like. When I did the paint sample the trim and main color looked so similar, but up it is a subtle contrast, but enough.

Keep us posted! Can't wait to see your beautiful house go up!

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:45AM
andi_k

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it. I think I have every white/tan/beige/grey/greige color spread out all over my house! Who knew they'd all look so different...agonizing! :)

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:51AM
athensmomof3

Be sure you look at them outside if you have sun exposure. Things look much much lighter outside than they do inside . . . at least that is what we found!

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 12:05PM
andi_k

wow, you are not kidding re: how much lighter it all looks! I ran to our SW store yesterday...they only had an old Duron deck to show me the Mushroom so I just grabbed a small swatch card of a SW color that was very very similar. I thought there was no way that was the color on mythreesons house! I then held it ouside this morning and WOW...it's soooo much lighter outside. I would never have guessed that color would end up so much lighter. (that makes me think the whites I had will have my house glow in the dark...which is not the look I'm going for...ha!)

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 8:02AM
More Discussions
Need feedback on framing layout for a basement.
I'm in the process of finalizing a plan for the basement...
julianpowers
Spray Foam in Roof Rafters - Not Sure if it will Help
So my builder wants to spray foam all the rafters in...
TonySak
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
5 panel interior doors
I love this door. I have Trustile- 2 panel, in my present...
ILoveRed
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™