Powerwashing Well Water Pump...

VengeFulHemiFebruary 25, 2012

Hello All:

I want to powerwash my roof(tiled). I don't want to use my city water because it would be really expensive and I would not have enough pressure to supply the inlet to the powerwasher. Here is what I would like to do, but I am confused on one thing. We had a well system installed in 05 and we have a 4 zone system with a 1hp pump(53gpm). The way the installers setup the system is that I can hook my garden hose into a spigot that the sprinkler company put inline with the system(thus being able to water plants or whatever with well water). But I cannot seperate running a zone without also using the well water spigot. The issue that I will have is that I dont want to water a zone(for a long time and creating a flood) while being on the roof with the powerwasher(I will be up there a long time, I got a big roof). I had two thoughts:

1- Can I just put a heavy object on each head of the one particular zone that I run(while powerwashing) and not water the lawn? Or will that damage my system?

2- Would I be able to disconnect the electrical connection at the valve for a particular zone then run the pump (manually) for that zone and no water to that zone, but to my powerwasher?

I have a generac 2700psi pw that is a 2.7gpm. Being that my pw is 2.7gpm, and the well pump supplies 53gpm, would I damage my pw with the well pump constantly supplying the 53gpm to the pw. Many thanks to all.

Don

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

The talented folks on the Plumbing forum might be able to help you.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™