hover floormate

greifFebruary 21, 2013

Hi
Does the floor mate or any other brand do a good job of tile and grout? The grout is a little lower then the tile so wondering if it gets cleaned?
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbfirewife

Hello... I have a Hoover Floor Mate... it does a wonderful job on the tile and my tile is uneven..It is actually pretty disgusting to see the dirty water in the tank afterwards and I keep a very clean house... but unfortunately no.. it does not do much for the grout...It will of course, put the cleaner solution down and vacuum it back up good, so can't really say it won't clean the grout at all... but A couple of years ago I made some grout cleaner out of Mean Green and bleach. Bought me a grout brush at Home Depot... sprayed and scrubbed and used old towels to wipe it up. I did all the grout in my entire house!... That was quite a job too... Then I got some grout sealer at Home Depot and a little squeeze bottle they had to put it in. The bottle has a little narrow brush on it and you just run it down the grout lines, it dries in no time. It looks wonderful to this day... there are only a couple of places that have restained, in front of the fridge, where pop gets poured...It would probably come up easy now with just a little scrub of a brush, I just don't think about it till I read something like this... lol My grout is almost a grey, like cement so depending on your grout color would determine to add bleach to the cleaning solution or not. It you have like a dark brown grout say, I would not add bleach to it. But Mean Green just by itself would work great and it has a pleasant smell also. I just cleaned mine a room at a time over a few days, it really wasn't too bad of a job...good luck!

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 3:24PM
jannie

I had a Floormate and hated it. Very complicated to use and broke after just a few months (maybe two months) use. It wasn't even under a warrantee as I bought it used,refurbished.

Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 8:38AM
leenamark

In my experience, the mats slide around enough to be annoying. Time consuming too.

This post was edited by leenamark on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 11:47

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Need Suggestions: How Do I Get Smell Out Of Pet Bed?
Not sure where to post this. Needs suggestions. Got...
peabody1
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
How Do You Clean Whirlpool Jets??
We're building a new house and have ordered a whirlpool...
MrsBigE
Sponsored Products
LBL Hover Bronze Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Tiffany Western Bronze One-Light Table Lamp
$259.99 | Bellacor
Louis Poulsen | Enigma 425
$820.00 | YLighting
Z Side Table in Clear
$119.00 | LexMod
Humanscale | Element Disc LED Light
$359.00 | YLighting